05Note-C 1.4.0 Preview
The next Update of Note-C is almost ready. Next to several improvements and bugfixes, this version also offers several new small features to mark working with Note-C easier and more productive. Additionally there are some enhancements regarding the Look&Feel of Note-C. You can read all the details in the list of changes below.
A Beta-Demo to try out the new features and improvements can be be downloaded from following link: Beta-Demo Download
If there are any issues, don't hesitate and write a comment below this entry or use the support-form to write me a message.
The full list of changes:
- context-menu-actions for the editor
- remove markup from selection
- trim selected text
- if there is no set icon for a notebook, the corresponding folder-icon of the notebook will be used, individual folder-icons, set by user, can be used
- selected text, or the whole text when there is no selection, can be shared using the sharing-symbol and will be forwarded to the OSX-Sharing-System (only OSX 10.8 or higher)
- dockless-mode (to be set in the preferences), so Note-C can be used like a background-app
- new preference-option: automatic toggle of the attachment-bar, blend in when there are attachments, blend out if there are no attachments
- new preference-option: optional line-gutters für the editing-field
- new preference-behavior: when creating a new notebook and the title of this notebook is still "unnamed notebook", the title will be set to the name of the folder of the notebook automatically
- improved behavior of the search/replace-bar in conjunction with shortcuts
- within the attachment-bar, while displaying a preview of the attachments, arrow-keys can be used to navigate between the different attachments
- when adding attachments to the text, the focus remains on the text, so you can immediately continue writing
- BBCode 1.0.1 and Smark 1.1.5 implemented
- several improvements and enhancements of the editor-core
- improvements when changing notebooks and file-extensions within the preferences
- improvements regarding displaying icons in the popup-selector of the status-bar panel
- missing placeholder-text for the search-textfield will be displayed in OSX 10.10+ now
- resolved an issue when deleting notebooks in the preferences and updating the notebook-switch-navigation-bar
Until next time!