19MarkMyWords 1.8.0 Preview
After a longer period a bigger update for MarkMyWords is nearly ready. Next to diverse internal changes to improve the performance of MarkMyWords several new features have been added to make working with text more efficient. The import-feature of text-documents (Doc, ODT, RTF) now converts the most common formatting to the selected markup-language. Another new tool for working with text are the context-menu-actions for the editor, which allow trimming (removing whitespaces from the start and end of a line) of selected lines and remove all markup-formatting from the selected text. Other changes are listed in the "List of changes".
A Beta-Demo to try out the new features and improvements can be be downloaded from following link: Beta-Demo Download
If there are any issues, don't hesitate and write a comment below this entry or use the support-form to write me a message.
The full list of changes:
- when importing text-files the common formatting will be converted to the selected markup-language automatically
- when importing a file, an option is available to remove all formatting from the imported text
- new shortcut for importing text-files (CMD+Shift+i)
- context-menu-actions for the editor
- remove markup from selection
- trim selected text
- export as RTFD (embedded attachments will be exported too)
- new preference-option: set font and color of line gutters to match the settings of the textfield
- selected text, or the whole text when there is no selection, can be shared using the sharing-symbol and will be forwarded to the OSX-Sharing-System (only OSX 10.8 or higher)
- improved behavior of the search/replace-bar in conjunction with shortcuts
- smaller improvements of the attachment-bar-behavior
- when exporting as a PDF-document, the current filename will be preset as the export-name
- BBCode 1.0.1 and Smark 1.1.5 implemented
- several improvements and enhancements of the editor-core
- several internal changes to improve the stability and benavior of MarkMyWords
- smaller bugs in the german user-interface solved
- bug when exporting to HTML solved, which lead to missing tags within the exported text
- bug when leaving the distraction-free mode with the shortcut CMD-Shift-F solved, which created a non removable instance of the distraction-free mode
Until next time!